March 17, 2014

Woke Up Tired? I Got The Solution For You

Did you sleep 10 hours yet still feel so tired? Slept for a few hours yet you are super energetic?
Sleeping more doesn't really give you an energetic wake up.

Woke Up Tired? I Got The Solution For You
Even the morning coffee couldn't do a thing

Sleep is a very important body process. It clears our mental fatigue, speeds up healing and restores our energy.

Waking up tired can make a whole day terrible. You'll find less motivation to do things after waking up on the wrong side of the bed.

In fact, sleep deprivation can lead to several things:

  • Impaired memory and thought processes
  • Depression
  • Decreased immune response
  • Fatigue
  • Increased pain

Ugh, what a terrible list. Moving on.

While Sleeping, you go through sleep cycles. This is the process of the brain to organize and complete its functions. A sleep cycle has 5 stages.

Stage 1: Sleepiness (Eyes are closed, yet can be awaken without difficulty)
Stage 2: Light Sleep (Your muscles become relaxed, heartbeat becomes slower)
Stage 3 & 4: Deep Sleep
Stage 5: REM Sleep (Dreaming Phase)

A sleep cycle is approximately 90 minutes.

For me, If I wake up during stages 3, 4 and 5, then I feel groggy and tired. I don't feel like standing up. So I lay back on my bed, and I cry on my pillow. (This is metaphorical, I don't really cry. My eyes are dried up because I stare at a computer monitor all day.)

I recommend using a sleep calculator for a better experience in waking up, for me I use Sleepytime. Just a simple and straightforward website.

This is very useful on busy work days and exam weeks. Just follow the recommended times on the calculator and I guarantee you a good morning and a good day afterwards.